Saints’ Stills Injured, will miss Opener Against Falcons
Saturday has not been a good day for receivers.
A new Ray Rice video has surfaced, and it’s cost him his contract and roster spot with the Baltimore Ravens.
TMZ published the video earlier Monday, the precursor to another video of him dragging his then-fiancee Janay Palmer out of an Atlantic City hotel elevator. That video of the February incident earned him a 2-game suspension from the NFL earlier this year.
But after Monday’s gruesome video of Rice delivering a vicious punch to his then-fiancee’s face, Rice was cut by the Ravens and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.
Why the NFL waited this long to come down this hard, has folks everywhere scratching their heads. But the NFL says it had not seen the additional video of the incident inside the elevator until it was released today.
Warning, the following video released by TMZ is violent in nature.
It is not certain what the future holds for Rice, but many NFL experts have already said his career is likely over.
Although that’s what they also said about Michael Vick, who came back to the NFL and was a star quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles following his dog-fighting scandal.
Only time will tell, but it’s certain Rice will not be playing for the Ravens this season.
Saturday has not been a good day for receivers.
All that talk about the Oakland Raiders moving to Los Angeles? It appears its just that, talk.
The wait is over, as the NFL season kicks off in full on Sunday. Below is the rest of the NFL schedule for Week 1.
Michigan running back Fitzgerald Toussaint has signed with the Baltimore Ravens from the practice squad.